- Why are we asking for this information? Why must I submit my energy supplier information? (Only Finland)
To keep the grid stable, electricity market players are required to estimate their electricity consumption and production quantities. We need the electricity supplier information to notify them of charging behaviour. If marketing consent is given, the electricity contract information can also be used to further tailor the Virta offering to better suit the needs of our customer.
- NOTE: It is important to highlight that, currently, contracts cannot be edited. Additionally, contracts with connected feeds cannot be removed.
- Which contract type should I choose?
The type of your electricity contract affects the value achievable through energy management. The three main types of electricity contracts are:
- Fixed price contract: In this contract type, the customer pays a fixed price for each unit of electricity (kWh consumed).
- Time of use tariff: In this contract type, the customer pays a certain fixed price for on-peak hours and another fixed price for off-peak hours. One example of this kind of contract is a day and night contract.
- Dynamic price contract: In this contract type, the price changes dynamically, following the market signal of electricity prices. This type of contract typically features the price of electricity on some wholesale market plus a margin per kWh for the electricity retailer.
- Other: This option can be chosen if your contract type does not fall into any of the above categories.