Dynamic Load Management with local meter can only be enabled for a group of chargers. First, select a group to enable DLM. Then, follow the next steps:
1. On the group information page, check Enable DLM limits checkbox and set the group’s maximum static limit
→ Current is evenly distributed between stations that have a car charging
→ The available charging current is adjusted based on other loads on the site
2. Activate Use external device and fill in the main connection’s max capacity in amperes.
→ This value is used in calculating the available charging capacity after taking into account what the chargers and all the other consumers (e.g. a building) are consuming.
3. Set Safe limit for the group
→ If the 3G connection to the local meter is lost, the group is assigned with this limit until the connection is re-established
→ The connection is considered lost if new values from the local meter are not received in 30 seconds
4. Fill in your external meter’s universally unique identifier.
5. From the dropdown menu, select whether the optimization is based on the highest value of all three phases or on a value per selected phase
6. Click Save when you are done
The limits are now applied to all chargers within the same group. You can disable DLM limits at any time by unchecking the Enable DLM limits checkbox. You can also edit the group’s limit at any given time.