We continuously develop new features into our platform. Here is a little bit of information about how this process goes and how you can influence it.
What we choose to develop
A lot of different factors and stakeholders are influencing development decisions made at Virta.
We always take into account the effort needed to develop new features compared to the benefits it would bring to our users, but also how difficult it would be to maintain them. We always try to avoid building too complex setups that will be both hard to keep up and to explain to our users: a perfect feature is as useful as it is simple.
A non-exhaustive list of factors that we consider when planning new developments would be:
- Can we solve this problem without creating new ones and/or more complexity?
- How does it fit in our overall UX?
- How does it fit in our product strategy?
- What benefits can we expect from this feature?
- Is it solving a major issue?
- Is it going to benefit many users?
- How much design/development/testing time do we need for this development?
- Does this feature create new dependencies to other systems than the one it is created for?
- How much support do we expect to have to provide to our users around this new feature?
- Do we need to create new materials, that will in turn need maintenance?
- Will it require training?
- How much do we expect to spend on technical maintenance for this new development in the future?
- Is this feature going to affect the system's performance?
- Do we expect to make changes to the feature's core in the future?
There are at least two ways to influence our development process: you can share your ideas in the Virta Ideas Box, or you can register as a Virta Resource and be contacted in priority whenever we're looking for users to test new features or give feedback on development ideas. Please note that the Resource program is primarily addressed to business organisations.
For Virta's B2B customers, we recommend getting in touch with your contact to discuss your needs more in details.
We also sometimes decide to stop supporting some features. Whenever a feature becomes too costly to maintain or doesn't make sense anymore as a part of our overall user experience, we may choose to stop its support. It is also something that takes a lot of time and effort and we always balance out the decision with all other data we have about the feature.
When do new features arrive in production?
We deploy new features every second week, on Tuesdays. Exceptions happen whenever our deployment processes require them.
At the moment, new developments are communicated to Virta's B2B customers only:
- If this applies to you, you can get in touch with your customer success manager or sales contact to receive the communication
- If you have access to the platform via one of the system's resellers, please get in touch with them directly about release communication.
Is it possible to see a roadmap?
Unfortunately, Virta does not have a public roadmap at the moment.