Each user has at least one specific role in their organisation. You can see your role(s) in the left-side menu under your organisation's logo and your username. User can have multiple roles, and thus unique combination of permissions is possible.
We have defined 7 roles:
- Administrator: these users are the main administrator of their organisation. They can do everything that is allowed for their organisation's modules and are responsible for the accuracy of their company data.
- Driver manager: these users are equipped to deal with all work related to managing a charging network. They can for example manage drivers, prices and organisation, do basic actions like reboot stations and update firmware (also as batch operation), see everything in the system but they don’t have rights to change advanced technical settings. Similar role as old "Manager" but less technical rights.
- Charging manager: these users have the same rights as the Driver manager, except that they can not see any EV driver data. Similar role as old "Charging network manager" but less technical rights.
- Technician: these users have all the tools they need to properly support and maintain a charging network. They can access all technical information related to stations such as basic hardware description, alerts, errors, logs - as well as resolving actions (reboot, release, etc.). They can also change advanced technical settings like manage stations’ technical configurations and energy settings.
- Financial support: these users are Virta internals and resellers, who need to perform advanced financial tasks in Virta Platform. They can view everything except most technical data. They can manage pricing and billing information (note that also Driver managers and Charging managers can manage pricing but they can not edit billing info). Financial support role can cancel incorrect charge events, they can do fleet reimbursements (feature coming soon) and can do EV driver refund (feature coming soon).
- Paid module activator: this role should be assigned with combination of some other role. Alone the role is not functional. This role is for users who need to be able to activate paid modules for the whole organisation.
- Viewer: these users can view the usage of the system and basic reports. They are mainly in view - not edit - mode. They can still do some very basic troubleshooting actions like reboot a station but not update a firmware.
Please note that roles evolve with the system. New ones will be created and existing ones will gain access to more features as we build them.
Access to EV driver data
We care about your customers' data. For this reason, viewing it is reserved to specific modules:
- EV drivers > Find
- EV drivers > Manage
- EV drivers > History
as well as specific roles:
- Driver manager
- Financial support
Please pay attention to these when naming new team members. You can always refer back to the table below for more detail.
By definition, Administrator always has access to all functionalities their organisation has access to.
Example: if my organisation has access to Stations > Find, my Administrator has access to all permissions under the Stations > Find module.
For this reason, Administrators are not represented in the table below.
More information about modules: Organisation modules
If the name of the module is presented with red, the functionality is not released yet but coming soon.
As these roles are new in Virta Platform, the table might have human errors or some permissions might change later. If you notice any discrepancies with reality or disagree how permissions of a specific roles should work, please contact your CSM who will let development team know your improvement hopes.
|Module||Submodule||Driver Manager||Charging manager||Technician||Financial support||Viewer||Paid module activator|
|General navigation||Dashboard||View module||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Edit account information||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
||Find||View Find tab||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|View/search station/pool list||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|View station/pool info widgets||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Generate station/pool info reports||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Batch operation: add/edit/archive stations||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|View & use controls||✅||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌|
|Batch operation: use controls||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Update station firmware||✅||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌|
|Batch operation: update stations firmware||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Change station configurations||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Batch operation: change stations configurations||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Upload diagnostics file||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|View administrative state||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Edit administrative state||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Manage station alerts||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|Invite/assign technician role||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Charging history||View History tab||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|View charging sessions||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Manage charging session alerts||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|View charging history widgets||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Generate station charging history reports||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|Access management||View Access management tab||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|View authorised users||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Edit authorised users||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Edit access preferences||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Invite/assign Viewer role||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Tariffs||View Tariffs tab||✅||✅||❌||✅||✅||❌|
|View station tariffs||✅||✅||❌||✅||✅||❌|
|Edit station tariffs||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Logs||View Logs tab||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
||View Settings tab||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Get notifications for available firmware updates||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Upload a firmware update file if firmware library module is activated||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|View energy dashboard tab||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|View energy load management tab||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Edit dynamic load management (DLM)||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Edit Adaptive Load Management in load management (paid module)||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Edit Solar in load management (paid module)
|Edit Preconnect in load management (paid module)
|Edit Priority in load management (paid module)
|Enable an EVSE to be in multiple DLM groups in load management (paid module)
|Edit Congestion Management||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|My organisation||View Basic information||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Edit basic information||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Invite/assign Financial support role||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Billing||View Billing information tab||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|View general information||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Edit general information||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|View settlement information||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Edit settlement information||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|My team||View My team tab||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|View team members||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Invite Driver manager role||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Invite Charging manager role||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Archive team members with same roles as themselves||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Restore/delete archived team members||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Create sub-organisation with similar modules as the parent||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Create sub-organisation with a custom set of modules||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Edit sub-organisation modules||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌||✅|
|Generate new organisation invitation||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|EV Drivers||View module||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Find||View/search EV driver list||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|View EV driver info widgets||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Generate EV driver info reports||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Manage||Add new EV driver||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Edit EV drivers||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
||Add, edit and remove charging tags||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|History||View History tab||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|View EV driver activity history||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Generate EV driver activity reports||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
In need of some specific role? Please be in contact with your CSM.